Thursday, April 1, 2010

Money v.s. Truth

INTRO: Warning – parts of this song are very, very, very sarcastic!!

People ready to go to war over what Michael Vick did
Where’s the uproar for footballs made of pig’s skin
- what Vick did – it was a terrible atrocity
but they stay killin deer and bears – where is the equality
they kill animals that they think is not cute
such a double standard on who they plan to shoot
Dick Cheney was out shootin quail near his place
Will he shoot anything? – he shot his friend in the face
I got a sign up that says justice for all
With the stripes of the rainbow behind it on my wall
This lines for Harvey Milk who gave his life for equal rights
You don’t have to be gay to speak up for human life
I don’t refer to people as Black, Peruvian, or Asian
I think of what they doin for human liberation
- They killed Fred Hampton for educatin gang members
but they didn’t kill the plans that he had we remember
but still all they say from Summer to December is

Skip what ya talkin bout get to the money (mixed & scratched) (HOOK 1)

I want the money want the car – got the women I’m a star (HOOK 2)
I equate happiness – with self gratification
Don’t care about the people’s situation or liberation
If they’re poor or they survive – that’s just how I ride

Listen when I’m rappin take it in and believe this
Im against the death penalty look what happened to Jesus
In this country they always sayin support the troops – it’s true
- - - - don’t forget the Germans supported the troops too
cities close down libraries – lack of funds they say erases ‘em
but always money found for building new stadiums –
I’m hatin em – fundamentalists – it seems it’s no changing em
Havin blind faith’s is a mind inside cages
There was a time religion ruled it was called the dark ages
- men against abortion – I feel evidently - -
- if you’re against abortion – go get yourself a vasectomy
- in this system – the government taps phones and they listen in
sure you can trust the government – just ask an Indian
I don’t get recognition from the masses for my rhymes
If I was at the head of three wars that needed lies
(then) I could expect to get the nobel peace prize

They say overseas we’re liberatin – really it’s a situation
You go to war with a place you decimate the population
Hard to believe – it seems hard but they would
Try convincing people they killin em for their own good
In war or in the system – people too blind to see
None more hopelessly enslaved than he believing that he free
I know people wit solutions I know groups I know many
People give up their power thinking they don’t have any
That’s a lie – email me – hit me up we’ll organize
I make heads nod (and) bring la verdad to the lies
We need to stop terrorism and we need to see peace
They say that while they terrorizing people in the streets
How can we see peace leavin so many people dead?
- - - - real peace begins when they hungry get fed
it’s like two bookstores left – corporate stores too prevalent
I started to shop at more stores that’s independent
- - A lotta people are so corrupt it’s not funny
they sound like a dummy sayin - (HOOK)

OUTRO:

Rappers glorify the hood – don’t rap why we have a hood X3

Skip – skip what ya talkin’ bout – get to the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment