Monday, April 12, 2010

Rebel Music

I used to rap like the rest - and what I said was trivial
I Got amnesia on purpose – to make - my thoughts original
- - - it takes more than practice to be a rhymer
if practice makes perfect how you explain taxi drivers?
- I explain – cause my thoughts are never little like Wayne
I got a game for The Game – to see if he can try to articulate
And explain – cause he got the way he was from his pain
From the ghetto where he was raised – his raps glorify wit praise
- contradiction in his ways – we need to raise how the ghetto
is maintained – cause poverty wage keeps a lot of us in chains
they always talk about the holocaust in class in history
but why they leave the middle passage out
where 50 million was killed is a mystery – the solution –
watch Prelude to Revolution with Huey Newton –
truth he’s shootin – more than Tracy McGrady did
in Houston - - - the right’s contradictions are rife
they say they don’t want government - healthcare in their life
but want the courts to decide if they have an abortion or a life
- don’t hate yourself in the morning – sleep till noon see what it’s like

- - They sellin it - - most music ya hear is irrelevant
- - - - - music I wanna hear is rebellious
- I keep makin it – they keep on fakin it
- music they make based on what they corporation is (HOOK)


T.O’s verse

Strange days we’re living in Games played for dividends
Main wages given for a day’s labor are pityful
The plain face of capitalistic namesakes
& paid capers, but back to statistics
Make haste and start crashing the system
Make way before the atlas’ existence is laid to waste
Boycott corporations like GE and corporate Masons
Force them to cave in, and be freed from their awkward patrons
Make them face all the laws that they’re breaking
We need to make a conscious statement
Please heed it, & stop dressing for fame’s sake
Don’t be heathens stressing to make paper
Free trees, breathe the vapors & be freed from the Matrix
Don’t eat meat, beings are sacred, eat greens
Eat the basics, eat beans, don’t eat bacon
Keep dreaming and make it Don’t be heeding the fakeness
Don’t be scheming for greatness Just believe & escape this


- - Repetitive - - most of the music ya hear is negative
- - - - - music I wanna hear is intelligent (OP on Hook)

- I keep makin it – they keep on fakin it
- music they make based on what they corporation is (Truth)


OP (aka Optimus of Foundation Movement Verse)

I’m like Huey – Bobby Seale – and little Bobby Hutton
Self-determination strapped on the streets of Oakland
Law book in my hands – I swear to tell the whole truth
My city under siege by military and police troops
Nowhere to move got me searching for alternate routes
Lock me up – call me Assata – I’m fleein to Cuba
Politic wit Nehanda strategize maneuvers
Independent thinking spirit of Patrice Lumumba
You can murder me can’t murder Revolution
Fred Hampton Optimus true rebel musician
Voice of the Voiceless I want the world to listen
Solitary can’t confine this mind I was given
Rest in Peace Howard Zinn your life was a blessing
People been ignored – constitution’s need amending
And I’m a patriot stating government dissention
Cause we writers and we fighters bringin it attention

like Jeremy Sca- hill - - I display truth at will
that I don - - like he does at Rebel Reports .
Com – where you can see the evidence – that attrocities
Under Obama’s justice department is prevalent and malevolent
They claim life for women in the middle east in scary
But in the US 1 in 3 women is raped in the military –
misbehavior wit Blackwater is major
- it’s not a lie – they identify as neo crusaders
- who wanna wipe out Islam – by bombs from the sky
- US policy’s torture and justifies genocide
You wanna put a stop to that or do you want a new ride?
Bush and Obama ain’t the baddest – just the face
of hundreds of years Of this madness - - when I rap
I don’t do this for status They sellin you – -
you can get whatever you wanna get - What they
haven’t said’s - when you get it - that you’re set up in debt
- I haven’t wept – I’ve kept makin Rebel music that objects

No comments:

Post a Comment